[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Fri Jun 10 23:44:19 EDT 2011

On 06/10/2011 12:06 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:13 -0400, Stephen R. Blevins wrote:
>> "Vendor Lock-in?"
> I will never save Vendor Lock-in in bad.  In fact,  I love it.  I
> respect those that get away with it.  Why?  Because they've found a way
> to maximize revenue.

HOW did this go unchallenged?

People use GNU/Linux for different reasons. Sure, I get that. But how
can someone support GNU/Linux and simultaneously say that vendor lock-in
is a positive thing? How can one say it's a positive because they conned
their customers? If I agree to let you slit my throat because you con me
into believing it's a positive for me, that's ok?

Vendor lock-in is an abuse and exploitation of the business
relationship. It is the antithesis of ANY honest reason one would be an
enthusiast for GNU/Linux.

-L