[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 10 12:41:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 12:23 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I'd be willing to place a wager against you on that. The market's
> acceptance of Apple's anti-Flash policy has pressured Adobe to invest
> in "export to HTML5" solutions that they have already built into
> modern versions of Flash. Adobe is in the defensive position. Apple
> has no reason to yield ground.

That is a good possibility too.  The only way Flash will make it into
iOS is for Android to take over in the US.  Apple needs to see that
Flash is the reason the droid pads are selling for them to make a move.

I really enjoyed the droid commercial that was poking fun of Apple's
"Version of the Internet".  For those that may not remember, when the
iPhone came out Apple was poking fun at the state of Internet on mobile
devices.  Mostly it sucked.

Chris