[ale] OT: hardware forumn

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Thu Jun 9 13:52:59 EDT 2011

IIRC Workstation is in fact a full-virtualization.  You recompile (or compile) modules that are inserted into the kernel to allow for the hypervisor.  This is slick and also provides for tons of issues when you upgrade your kernel or some other essential lib and the changes will not work with the Workstation.  The web is full of "help" messages when this happens.

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com