[ale] [OT] for the space geeks on ALE

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jun 9 08:04:40 EDT 2011

On 06/08/2011 05:09 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jim Kinney<jim.kinney at gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> A real PHOTO of the shuttle docked at ISS. Until this, it's always been an
>> artists rendering.
>>
>> http://news.discovery.com/space/
>> big-pic-shuttle-endeavour-docked-space-station-110607.html
>>
>> I still want my spinning wheel in orbit space station. Wish they had boosted
>> the external fuel tanks into space to be reused as parts for that wheel.
>>
>> AND I want a monorail rig all over metro Atlanta. With beer taps at every
>> station. All run by tiny Linux systems. With industrial roombas cleaning
>> everything.
>>
> I don't need a monorail; I'd be happy if they just extended MARTA to be
> more complete, further North, and possibly add a circular route
> following I-285.
>
> -derek

I know that Jim is trying to help us back on topic. I apologise to him
for not helping out.

I don't live in Georgia, but Marta extension north and a circular route
around I-285 would be lovely. Add solar/wind power support, it would be
strategically wise ( no way to become dependent on imported energy
sources, plus carbon friendly). Plus jobs.

Atlanta, please go for the brass ring!!