[ale] gnome3. I give up.

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Wed Jun 8 18:15:08 EDT 2011

On 06/08/2011 01:43 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> You're just sounding old and grumpy :-)

Grumpy, not old. Design (like features) have been handed over to
marketing and "business" people, so it's less about making things
"better" and almost entirely about making things profitable, which
includes nonsense like "brand". Brands must be "distinct" and "unique",
which means non-functional when your competitor is functional. Pure
FLOSS projects don't care about profit but they still tend to care about
brand...

I just want to be able to walk up to a microwave and not spend time
figuring out how to heat up my damn leftovers.

-L