[ale] gnome3. I give up.

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:36:07 EDT 2011

Here's something funny and on topi --
https://twitter.com/1990slinuxuser/status/54942913846710272

On Tuesday, June 7, 2011, Richard Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org> wrote:

> Just burned a live disk of F15 and took it for a test drive.  I agree with Jim...110%.  Gnome3 is Gnot for me in the least.  Why does it seem that Fedora is taking ques from Canonical?  In my opinion it is way too geared for a newbie user with limited exposure to M$ and/or too heavy on the look and feel for a tablet edition.  Rather disappointing on first look....
>
> First boot wasn't too smooth either.  Likely issues with my dual XFX 6800 GS (SLI) GPUs -- something that F12 had nailed right out of the box!  I won't even go into the UI.  Couldn't even right-click to change desktop properties (or did I miss something?)
>
> Sorry these comments aren't very technical but if first impressions make lasting opinions...I have a very low opinion of Gnome3 after this first look.  Hoping the development team gets it together for future releases.
>
> RinL

James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59