[ale] Is the board down? HP xw4600 crash? Am I pregnant?

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Jun 3 19:50:42 EDT 2011

It's been two days since I've seen anything roll through my inbox from
ALE.  I can just hear Jim saying, "why didn't anyone notice?"  I've
noticed and wonder if it's just me, my computer, the moon phase, an evil
plot of the corporapists or alien implants.

...and in case everything is still working...

Has anyone run into an issue of an HP bios returning all "1s" from
enumerating the PCI bus thereby causing a kernel crash (ABRT?)  I have
an HP xw4600 that I would really like to get set-up as my new mainline
desktop system but am encountering this issue in FC14.  I have not had
time to do further testing with other distros but prefer Fedora.  I have
flashed the BIOS, reset the CMOS and been working through BIOS configs
to see if that resolves the issue but have not found an answer thus far.

All Hail Galaxar!

Rich in Lilburn