[ale] ubuntu install has no $PATH?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jul 26 18:24:33 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Oops. My bad. What I was looking at (upside down and no glasses) was a
> box top that said Caldera Systems.

But a real pack rat has it:) Corel Linux OS second edition. And it is the
DELUXE version that included Photo-paint 9 unlike the standard and
download editions which did not.

But oh man the minimum system requirements are a deal breaker for most of
us mortals. A Pentium processor <gasp> 24 MB of RAM though they recommend
64 MB (the animals!) and a whoping 800 MB of hard drive space! That
hardly leaves any room for... Hey just what were we looking for back
then? :) If someone seriously wants to try and install Corel I will part
with it for free since it was given to me. Rarely come further south than
Canton so please be patient or make arrangements for shipping.

Oh, someone mentioned Photoshop. The original Photoshop (not CS) 4,5, and
I believe 6 will all run well under Crossover Office. While quite old
these are still 4 or 5 years newer than Photo-paint 9 which is from 2000.

Ooh, a demo version of Quake III Arena...
--
William