[ale] Dual Boot Windows 7 & Fedora 15

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:00:51 EDT 2011

First, does the LED on the DVD light up, indicating that it is getting
"touched" during the boot process? If so, hitting the "anykey" to boot from
CD as soon as the LED lights up may cause the boot from CD function to work.
Computers boot so fast these days they can be nearly done with POST before
the screen lights up so you can see what is happening.

Alternatively, many notebooks now have a function key (F8 or F12) preboot
option that allows you to select your boot device if you hit that key before
the hard drive bootstrap loads.