[ale] Cheap wireless adapter find (Richard Faulkner)

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jul 24 22:23:18 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 22:12 -0400, Richard Faulkner wrote:
> My pleasure....
>
> I've been happy with them so far.  Curious about their wireless N
> product...

I need a good wireless adapter for Windows 7 :(  My daughter's computer.

My gripe is that every manufacturer of wireless adapters seem to want to
cerate their own connection manager that fights with the one in Windows.
Please let Windows manage the connections.  Stop trying to add sexy GUIS
that make things break.

I bought one of those tiny wireless adapters on eBay and it is TOTAL
CRAP.  It use a RT chipset too.  The problem is that every few reboots I
have to remove the profile of my AP and add it back.  Add this to the
fact I'm already pissed because I have to touch the Windows machine in
the first place.