[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jul 14 12:34:04 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 12:24 -0400, The Don Lachlan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:13:30PM -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 12:09 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > > Kind of light on the ram there, Jeff. I was hoping for at least
> 512GB
> > > and 36 hour battery life running flat out. 10Gbe would be nice.
> > Oh, for crying in the mud.  What are you gonna do, put optical
> network
> > backbones in your house‽
>
> Maybe not today but you have to plan for expansion.

I wouldn't put it past him.  Hell, I'd like an optical loop in my house,
so that I don't have to worry about dropping multiple cables, but
demultiplexers are far more expensive than the effort required to put
cat5 in the wall---at least for the "new construction" style that my
house is.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                       mike at trausch.us

Canonical is the New Jörg Shilling, for they know better than you.