[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Jul 14 12:32:44 EDT 2011

Rich Faulkner wrote:
> Interesting stuff on the RID.  (See link below for more info) but being
> as we generally see in stereo, I wonder what effects it would have
> seeing the display out of one eye?  (I assume that's how it's seen)
>
> I know that Apache helicopter drivers have worn a head's-up something
> like this for years.  The only trick is that new pilots coming into
> training suffer from horrific headaches as a result.  In the end the
> body adjusts and Apache drivers experience something kinda strange.
> Their eyes work independently of each other and some have reported at
> being able to read two books at a time (one with each eye!)

My eye Dr. has tried to get me to try contacts where one is for distance
and the other is for close up.  Same kind of deal.  Never tried it as I
don't like the idea.  I understand that is a common thing for folks who
are getting as old as I am. :(

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."