[ale] DSL Upload Speed

Tavarvess Ware tavarvessware at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:05:52 EDT 2011

I was lucky when I was with ATT I was getting the 6 meg service with 512
while I was getting on average 7 and 512 consistently.  It really
depends on your area and fiber to node and fiber to home for ATT (I use
to be a Manager at the retail level when they started supplying Uverse
and pushing it in stores).  I switched to Comcast because I wanted more
speed available in my house, since Uverse wasn't in my area and I was
scared because of shared bandwidth and uptime, but I have been pretty
satisfied, I have only been down like 2x in 2+years and I am paying for
16mb and getting 21-24 down and 4-5 up on residential even at peak hours
at night (I religiously check and will call if its under 16 :) ).  I was
terrified when they came out yesterday because I figured my signal was
bad on Sunday but its still kicking.  But for ATT when I did have it was
only down about the same amount of time, but it was easier to get
through support.