[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:07:56 EDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 02:24 PM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Microcenter keeps sending me sales flyers.  The last one had a laptop
> for under $300.  It's far and away bigger, faster, stronger than my
> $1100 Compaq of 6 years ago and I suspect faster than a system 76.
>
> Jim.
My daughter-in-law got a Toshiba from MicroCenter recently for online
classes. It maybe the same one Jim L is referencing. It won't blow the
doors off of your barn, it's based on the Intel Centrino but she and my
son say it's more than adequate for school and then some. I think it
came with 2GB RAM and wireless. It seemed pretty decent when they
brought it over to my house.