[ale] no user/password fields on gnome logins screen

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:53:51 EDT 2011

I can't necessarily help you on your gdm3 login fields trouble, but
ctrl-alt-backspace is probably disabled in your
X config file ( /etc/xorg.conf I think ).  You can set "dontzap" to
false I believe to re-enable it, as detailed here (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XorgCtrlAltBackspace ).  I've done this on my
personal box without ill effect. I have no experience with gdm or
gdm3, since I login exclusively in text mode and then explicitly start
X from the command line. Call it an idiosyncracy from my years of
using a green screen.

-- CHS