[ale] [OT] TVs

Robert rs at ale.spam.futz.org
Thu Jul 7 23:39:33 EDT 2011

>I am looking for a 32 inch tv for my bedroom.  It doesn't have to be
>high end but I do have a couple requirements.  Do you guys have any
>suggestions?
>
>1.) Must have wifi connection
>2.) Must play Netflix over the wifi without any extra connected devices.
>(no roku, wii, xbox, etc.)
>
>The one I keep seeing pop up is a Vizio with Internet Apps which meets
>my requirements, anyone have experience with these?

My brother got this for my dad. Right out of the box it rubbed me the wrong
way... To do anything with the wireless, you have to accept Yahoo terms of
service, and it installs a good number of yahoo 'apps'. I hate accepting terms
of service for services I don't even want.

Haven't signed up for netflix yet, but I did see that it's there in the apps...

--
Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.