[ale] Red Hat upgrades?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Jul 5 19:04:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 18:50 -0400, The Don Lachlan wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Really? Really?
>
> Maybe you missed my statement of, "That works for you - great."
>
> Who's doing all the QA work to verify applications work across versions?
> Who's checking that updates within a release of Fedora don't break things?
> Who's taking servers out of rotation every six months to upgrade them?
>
> I'm glad you're lazy, but I don't have that kind of time EVERY SIX MONTHS.
> Lots of people don't have that time EVERY SIX MONTHS.

> I repeat, "That works for you - great. It's not going to work for a lot of
> other people, myself included."

You're right.  It works for me.  And I have less time than you.  Far VAR
less time, I don't know or care how much time you have.  You have the
time to do this the other way.  That works for you - great.  That takes
me a lot more time to accomplish a lot less even with my level of
experience.  To each his own.  You very well may do better than me at
that and worse that me at this.  I accept that.  But to have anyone
question why I use Fedora on a production system is absolutely foolish.
I use it because it has worked for me for years.  Your mileage may vary.

> -L

Regards,
Mike