[ale] Red Hat upgrades?

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Tue Jul 5 17:29:29 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 04:19:36PM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> 2) You can run at least 13 months.  The Fedora edition is not EOL'ed
> until the initial test versions of the +2 edition are posted.  F15 is

13 months is a pretty short window to me. If you're staying one revision
back, it means that upgrading to N-1 on the day N is released gets you at
most 7 months of production time and every 6 months you're running new
versions of the OS through the SLC.

That works for you - great. It's not going to work for a lot of other
people, myself included.

-L