[ale] BIND split view on secondary/slave server

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 27 13:19:03 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 13:04 -0500, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> I'm saying to me it would seem simpler to do it that way.   Just
> because you setup most zones to transfer from master doesn't mean you
> have to set them all up that way.   However, I noted you CAN set them
> up on the master and transfer them.   Also as noted I do all my zones
> so haven't tried what you want to do.

Understandable.  I suppose that is one feature of djbdns' that spoiled
me; you could, right in the record, say "this is for everyone", or "this
is just for NETWORK_A" or whatever.

I'll probably set things up w/ split maintained on the secondary server
itself, since the split view is almost never updated.  At least so long
as it can do it selectively and recurse to the public zone when it
doesn't find an entry... if not, then I'll have to figure out how to do
it the other way with zone transfers.

	--- Mike