[ale] java frustrations

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Jan 26 10:26:02 EST 2011

This is one of the things that just frustrates me.  New install, have to
get java working with browser.  Install the jre rpm, open browser, no love.

Now I've got to go and figure out how to fix this.  Used to be, you
linked a .so from the rpm to the plugins directory for firefox.

firefox 3.6, there is no plugins directory.

I fixed this before, but can't recall the solution.  Anyone?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson