[ale] LVM on iscsi for cluster

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Tue Jan 25 13:32:58 EST 2011

Good day all,

I am working on creating an HA cluster for mysql.  Right now I have 2
nodes pointing to an iscsi target.  Both nodes see my linux LVM
partition as /dev/sdb1.  On node a I did the pvcreate, vgcreate, and
lvcreate.  On node a and b I see the pv, vg and lv when doing pvscan,
vgscan and lvscan or displays.  However, I can only make the lvm on node
a active (using vgchange -ay and lvchange -ay).  however when I try the
same on node b I get "Command failed with status code 5" and I do this
when the lvm is unavailable on node a.  Any ideas?

Robert