[ale] GoDaddy - Re: Domain Registrar

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Jan 24 09:56:34 EST 2011

A good idea to separate Registrar and hosting - many of the acquisitions
we do have small web hosting companies that like to pretend THEY own the
domain rather than the customer that is paying for the hosting.   By
ICANN rules the person listed as the registrant DOES own it so you have
to resort to threat of litigation OR "buy" the domain from them to avoid
downtime for your web site.   Unfortunately many people don't know the
difference between web hosting and domain registration so don't find out
until they decide to move to another hosting company, in house, or sell
the business.