[ale] need help installing QT dev environment on Ubuntu and Fedora

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sun Jan 23 23:33:29 EST 2011

Collin,

I did this: sudo apt-get install qt4-dev*, and it installed a LOT of
stuff, including some Java stuff which I may not need, but that's OK.  I
then did a search for qt dev and then qt4 in Synaptic Package manager
and added the following packages to install:

qtcreator
qtcreator-doc
qt-sdk
qt4-doc-html
libqwt5-doc  (I think libqwt5 was picked up by another dependency.)

I installed GCC before.

So, when this is done, hopefully I'll have everything I need to get
started with Qt4 and C++.  Thanks for the help.

For those who are interested in Qt, I found this neat book:

C++ GUI Programming With Qt 4, 2nd Ed. by Blanchette and Summerfield, ~
$45 for dead tree edition.  The first edition is available for download
at:

http://www.qtrac.eu/C++-GUI-Programming-with-Qt-4-1st-ed.zip

Sincerely,

Ron