[ale] Domain Registrar

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jan 22 14:01:04 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 13:17 -0500, Ron Frazier wrote:
> I've been using 1and1 for basic hosting and email service for years with
> no problem.  I don't know about IPv6 though.

> I think Hurricane Electric is big into IPv6.  http://he.net/

Ah...  Yah think?

http://www.tunnelbroker.net

Yeah!  Go get your IPv6 certification!

They also provide free DNS hosting for up to 50 domains (total between
forward and reverse) which is really handy if you are looking for a few
diverse slave DNS servers to add to your existing servers or looking for
somewhere to host your DNS completely off your net.

If you're looking for IPv6 and NOT behind a NAT, HE is absolutely one of
the best (ranking right up there with OCCAID).  If you are behind a NAT,
then go with Freenet6 / Hexago / Gogo6:

http://gogonet.gogo6.com/page/freenet6-ipv6-services

> Ron

Mike