[ale] Domain Registrar

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jan 21 23:21:14 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 22:41 -0500, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I'm considering moving my domain to a new domain registrar.  Currently
> I'm with an eNom reseller paying ~$10/yr for .com.  However, being an
> eNom reseller, they don't support IPv6 nameserver glue (only thing
> stopping me from getting my sage certification at HE) and they don't
> support DNSSEC.
>
> I'm looking for a new registrar in the same kind of price range (i.e.,
> preferably not netsol) that supports IPv6 glue, DNSSEC, doesn't
> require
> extra payments for domain locking (yes, I've seen registrars charge as
> much as $10/yr just to switch on domain locking).  Good customer
> service
> always a plus.

I use GoDaddy.  They support glue for .com, but not yet for .us (not
sure why; I actually need to email them about that and see what's up
with that).

The thing stopping me from the Guru level cert is answering DNS on IPv6.
I will be fixing that most likely this weekend.  That depends on
precisely when I finish the code for the project I am working on at the
moment, however.

	--- Mike