[ale] need some Evolution email magic

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jan 21 13:19:34 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 12:54 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> Also, one other thing:  Evolution absolutely has its share of bugs.
> Thunderbird, IME, has even more of them (at least for my own personal
> usage patterns, which involve sometimes sending HTML mail, sometimes not
> sending HTML mail, several email accounts in several different places,
> etc.).  If you want something rock-solid that works and is (relatively)
> free of bugs, I'd recommend something like mutt or Alpine.

html replies is THE reason I switched to Thunderbird. IMAP is the reason
I left evolution. I was trying to set it up & use it, and it kept
crashing, as in multiple times a day. Thunderbird can be setup in
windows OR linux, so I have it on both sides of my dual-boot systems
with XP.. And of course with a local Dovecot IMAP local user, I can
point to that folder from my laptop & see all my emails.( well, except
the gmail, and those can be setup in thunderbird too.)

it has been 10 years since I played with mutt on a UNIX system. Last
time I used it, it didn't do attachments or view HTLM mail, does it now,
or what do you do? Never played with Alpine, havta look that one up..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800