[ale] Running an IPv6 network: DNS

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jan 21 12:44:38 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 12:04 -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> At the end of last night, my thought is maybe we need a ale-ipv6 list.
>
> It was a bit overwhelming and clearly there is lots to talk about, but
> I'm not sure the main list needs the traffic?
>
> I'd join both, so I'm find with it hitting here as well.

I disagree with a separate list, if only because it would be (I think) a
short-lived fork.  While there is likely a great deal to talk about now
WRT IPv6, eventually all of us (and those learning networking) will be
at the point where we are today with IPv4, where everyone who is anyone
in networking will (hopefully!) understand all about it and how it
works.  I still find it rather surprising when I find someone whose job
is to manage a network and all they know is "I plug it in and it works,
durr".  But that's really neither here nor there...

	--- Mike