[ale] looking for a reasonably priced color laser printer

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jan 21 12:15:40 EST 2011

On 01/19/2011 10:08 AM, Greg Clifton wrote:
> HP's great ,but probably depends on the mileage. If these printers are
> not refurbished, they will likely need feed rollers and perhaps a
> fuser soon, and that gets expensive.
>
> BTW, Gotapex.com had a link to Tigerdirect for the Samsun CLP-315W
> (wireless) for $139.99 + shipping this morning.

I saw that and bought one.  It's not the easiest printer I ever
installed, but it seems to work just fine. If anyone buys one do NOT
install the Ubuntu openprinting-splix package.  It doesn't work on that
printer.  There are instructions on the net on how to get it working.
It involves using drivers from another repository.

Jim.