[ale] Defective MoBo?

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:23:13 EST 2011

Can some one tell me what the following messages are saying or what is
actually happening?

[2.0269701] general protection fault 0000[#1] SMP
last sysfs file: /sys/bus/pci/drivers/radeon/uevent
. a whole bunch of stuff
. scrolled off the screen
. paused at this point
worker 147 failed while handling '/devices/pci 0000:00/2222:00:03.010000
- fast scrolling started again so was not able to get rest of line

I also got once;
[.6182001] Fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed

I also occasionally got the following 3 lines;

boot device found

boot device found

Boot has failed, sleeping forever

These occur when I try to boot with the BIOS set to initialize video
from any slot besides the onboard video.

The board is a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.1 and BIOS FF. If someone
on the list has this board you can contact me off list, I'd like to do
some comparisons to see if something is set wrong in the BIOS or at
least be able to go back to Gigabyte support and say that that someone
else is running it in a similar configuration with no problems so
obviuosly mine is defective, please RMA it. I've been going round robbin
for 2 weeks with them and they keep coming back with install Windows and
see if you can boot, then we will consider it.