[ale] Ale Digest, Vol 36, Issue 60

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jan 19 10:43:11 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 15:17 -0500, Brian Pitts wrote:
> Seeing the free memory afterward should make you sad. You paid for
> that RAM, put it to work! See http://www.linuxatemyram.com/

That is an awesome link.

Though, you know, to prove the point, they should provide a kernel
source tree where the disk and filesystem caches are disabled so that
people can **see** the actual difference.  I know this sounds crazy, but
it seems that logical proof doesn't work on everyone.  "Too much
theory," they say.

But I think that it would make a huge difference.  Then again, there
might be some schmuck out there that thinks that "free is showing I have
memory available again, yay!" even though their system is slow... I have
no faith left in the human race.

	--- Mike