[ale] how do I increase Linux swap file size?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jan 18 10:03:36 EST 2011

Even using my desktop system for heavy tasks, I rarely dip into swap usage.
I have 6 GB RAM, and unless I am being pretty wasteful everything fits in
that.  Even multilayer GIMP images while compiling the kernel and GCC seems
to not fill up memory (but I can say bye bye to I/O bandwidth...)

--
Sent from my HTC Vision (G2), running Gingerbread.
That is, a phone-like mobile device. :)