[ale] sendmail configuration

Björn Gustafsson bg-ale at bjorng.net
Wed Jan 12 15:32:10 EST 2011

I didn't know there were MAPI clients for Linux.  Since MAPI is a
client-side protocol/API, it wouldn't involve sendmail as a relay at
all but would talk directly to the target mail server.

By contrast, if you are considering using a standard Linux mail
client, it must eventually use SMTP to deliver the message to a remote
server.  I don't think even Exchange can run completely without SMTP
in this day and age, so that shouldn't be an issue.

--
Björn Gustafsson