[ale] A reason NOT to remove Windows from a laptop

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Jan 7 14:12:59 EST 2011

Hi all.  I have a Dell laptop which I dual boot between Windows and
Ubuntu.  I do about 95% of my activities in Ubuntu, but have a few that
require Windows.  I also support some family and friends which use
Windows.

FYI, I just discovered another reason to leave Windows on there.  I
decided to update the BIOS on the machine to the latest version.  I
discovered that the BIOS flash update program from the Dell website is
designed to run under Windows.  So, it's a good thing I hadn't erased
Windows or I couldn't update the BIOS.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Ron