[ale] Better ISP?

Collin Pruitt collin at collinp.com
Wed Jan 5 22:37:53 EST 2011

On 01/05/2011 10:34 PM, Cornelis van Dijk wrote:
> About the DSL or cable "modem" can I get one at, for example, Fry's,
> and configure it myself? Or is it part of the installation? One of my
> older machines has still Windows XP, so I could possibly do the
> initial setup and then switch to Linux?
You can use any hardware you want to, so long as it can connect to your
ISP's network correctly. Unless they're using some really stupid
security measure to lock in their users to the ISP's provided hardware,
which I haven't heard of, probably any modem you'll buy will work.

--
Collin Pruitt - Ubuntu Member
http://collinp.com/