[ale] Which large capacity drives are you having the best luck with?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Jan 5 06:21:23 EST 2011

Ron, wow, what an article!
my problem is(was), I never figured out how to USE smartctl.. so after
reading YOUR article I found this:

  Monitoring Hard Drive Health on Linux with smartmontools

http://blog.shadypixel.com/monitoring-hard-drive-health-on-linux-with-smartmontools/

I think I will give Spinrite a try.. since all of my HDs are 3 years old
OR OLDER... and stay running 24/7/365. well, not the laptops, but my
laptop drive has given me errors every time I install ubuntu.. It is a
Dell XPS from 2006. BUT my new gig just dropped a nice new HP Probook
6440b on me, so my older laptop will now sit for a while:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800