[ale] ALE forum ?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:11:49 EST 2011

>From [1]:

"ALE maintains a general mailing list for it’s members and community
associates, as well as additional lists for relevant employment
opportunities and to support our affiliated independent study groups.
Our lists are open to anyone who cares to subscribe to them by
clicking on the TITLE links below to visit the appropriate Mailman
subscription page. Once subscribed, you can update your subscription
options by clicking on the tile links above and logging in."

There is no mention of the ALE Google Group on the whole page. The
_only_ reason the Google Group exists is due to a rough transition a
few years ago. The list was unreachable via any other means for
several days. See [2] for more information on the transition. During
the down time, Mr. James P. Kinney III setup the Google Group "as an
interim effort" to get the list back online. Since then, the Google
Group has served as an alternative archive of the list and a potential
backup.

Thus, the topic of using a Google Group has been discussed before and
a decision made.

[1] -- http://mail.ale.org/?page_id=5
[2] -- http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.ale/57023

--