[ale] how do I view system logs / check disk space

jwkite at gmail.com jwkite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:56:04 EST 2011

My favorite command for identifying which directories are causing space problems is:  du -h --max-depth=1 which shows the size of each directory in human readable form without the details. I also like du -- max-depth=1 | sort -n to show the directories from largest to smallest.

I know most of the experts here may know these commands, but it took me years to find them and I hope it may help someone else.
Josh Kite
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T