[ale] Installfest project

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:51:58 EST 2011

Michael Potter wrote:
> Ale Crew,
>
> I have a netbook with 12GB ssd and 1GB memory.  It is a dual core atom.
>
> I would like to install XBMC and play media over a network drive.

just curious, but have you tried the XBMC LiveCD/USB image?

Also, a good option for a digital media center is a Patriot Box Office.

http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Office-High-Definition-Player-PCMPBO25/dp/B002Q4U9PY

I just got one and it performs very good over my network (wireless
available with a cheap Airlink101 Wireless 11N Mini USB Adapter).  the
interface is not as nice as XBMC, but the performance is excellent.  I
like it so much that I'm buying a second along with a laptop drive
(which can fit inside) to carry with me when I travel.

should you decide to pick one up check Slickdeals first.  I picked mine
up and should be getting a $45 rebate by mail.  :)