[ale] error during installation "checking hlt instructions"

C Vega charlievice at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 01:32:50 EST 2011

Hi,
I have an old PC running 900Mhz Tbird CPU and 768Mb RAM. I also upgraded the HDD
to a 60Gb. I've tried to install Gentoo, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Linux Mint and all
and everyone of them stop at the line "checking hlt instructions" during the
installtion. I've looked over the web and there are quite a few cases with the
same problem, nonetheless the solution is not clear to me, still.
I'm interested in loading CentOS to build a server since I used to run Ubuntu
8.04 on that box without any problems. Can anyone assist me with this issue?

Thanks

 Carlos Vega

www.VoIPencima.com"Simplicity, Service and Savings"