[ale] SUSE package manager and install empathy

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 22:29:14 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Geoffrey Myers
<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> James Sumners wrote:
>> It's an RPM distro. Which means, despite it being otherwise great,
>> it's an abhorrent nightmare to deal with.
>
> Useless and baseless comment.  Care to elaborate?  I personally prefer
> rpm over deb, that that's a personal choice.

It's only a night if you don't take the time to under that the basic

rpm -ivh  <--- Install
rpm -e <-- Uninstall
rpm -Uvh <-- Upgrade
rpm -rip <-- Package info
rpm -qa <-- list packages

I think the comment is made because most dont want to take the time to
learn, the want something to do it for them. I love the fact SUSE is
takes a bit of experience.

Anyway, zypper is great. So is Yum. Serious what other systems have
anything like Satellite and Auto Yast Server. The fact you can set
channels. The power of rpm.

Chuck