[ale] passwords

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:29:12 EST 2011

I have passwords that I can not even remember myself. Sounds funny? It
is done with keyboard patterns. For example, take a word, say
"remember". I go upward one row on the keyboard and take, for example
one key to the left, thus, for "r" that would be "4", continuing, for
"e" that would be "3", for "m" I get "j". In total I get "43j3mg34"
for the word "remember".

I do not (will not) have to remember 43j3mg45, I only have to remember
the base word and the way I constructed the password from it. Drawback
is of course that I actually have to sit in front of a keyboard (or
picture of it) to make the password.

A password for "Paypal" made in this fashion would be "0q60qi"
Suntrust would be "w7h547w5" . Google would be "r99ri", etc.
Of course one can think of other moves, for example, rather than
taking the letter up to the left, one could take the one up to the
right, etc.
Of course not unbreakable, but easy to remember.
Cor