[ale] Drifting OT: Re: I have fallen in love with Truecrypt

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Fri Feb 11 14:15:20 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 12:04 -0500, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 11:48 -0500, David Tomaschik wrote:
> > (Oh yeah, and I have this crazy notion that the 1st, 4th, and 5th
> > amendments -- among others -- still apply to me.)
>
> +1
> +1
> +1
> +1
> +10000000000
> +eleventyone!!1!1!1!11!
>
> 	--- Mike

I agree.  I am not doing anything illegal, but you can not search my
property with out a warrant.  However, I am confused by GA law.
http://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/ states that in Brewer v. State
The Supreme Court of the State of Georgia declares that the protections
guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution do
not apply to Georgia.

This confuses me.  The Bill of Rights are rights of The People, not the
States.  Does Ga. have the right to limit religion or speech or search?
--
Damon
damon at damtek.com