[ale] nrpe client on centos 5.2 not allowing nagios server to connect

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Feb 10 13:15:02 EST 2011

I have a nagios server set up to monitor some linux boxes, and it is able to connect to a local opensuse 11.3 server, but when I try to connect to a remote centos 5.2 server I get a failed connection and a permissions error in in the /var/log/messages file on the centos box.

It responds properly testing using localhost on the local machine.
I can telnet to port 5666 from the remote box, my nrpe.cfg file has the ip address of my nagios server and when I start the nrpe daemon, the messages file says that address is allowed.

Any ideas?

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420