[ale] Shout Outs for good Wirless-N Router for Home

aaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:38:34 EST 2011

On 2011/02/09, at 15:36 , zeb wrote:

> C Hendry wrote:
>> Need to replace downed 2wire Wireless router.
>>
>> Looking at amazon and Fry's, lots to choose from any good
>> recommendations?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Chris

> I inherited a 2wire wireless router without the companion CD.  Is it
> possible that you have the CD and can make me a copy.  Or would you be
> interested in my router?
>
> Regards,  Zeb

Hey, Zeb!

Most wireless routers are appliance devices and shouldn't really
need any drivers from a CD or anything.  Most run some form of
embedded Linux and are set up to be configured through a web
interface.  All you need to know is the device's default IP address
(likely 192.168.0.1) and the default admin password, both of which
can usually be found on the intertubes by searching on the brand
and model info. The devices can almost always be reset to their
default configuration by holding down a reset button for several
seconds at power on.

Short of it is that, if the wireless router is functioning, you should
be able to put it into service quite easily.

HTH
peace
aaron