[ale] Kind words for Windows? - was The latest from Gigabyte

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:38:12 EST 2011

On 2011/02/08, at 22:06 , Tim Watts wrote:

> Just my 2¢:
>
> Looking for a windows experience in Linux is just a recipe for
> disappointment and frustration.

I'm still waiting for any kind of a "windisease" experience to
stop being a nauseating sickness long enough to reach the
pleasure I found in using my 1987 Amiga.
:-) :-P :-)

It wasn't until 1998 that Linux got close enough to the Amiga
experience that I could comfortably make the switch. The
windisease offerings are still a failure.

My every experience touching Mafia$oft products has been
a nightmare of massive frustration at their ineptitude and
incompetence and bloat and greed driven user abusiveness
found at every level there.

If I have to use proprietary systems, then at least let them be
as intelligent and stable and consistent as Mac OSeX. (And
I do have to use a lot of proprietary tools for my video production
work thanks to the corporaped world of proprietary digital
media formats).

I'm not only certain that windisease has never been deserving
of any kind words, I'm holding out that kind words for windisease
don't even exist, just as we've never found any kind words for
cancer.

peace
aaron

[snip]