[ale] V6 question

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Feb 8 07:25:29 EST 2011

Greg Freemyer wrote:
> NAT was designed fundamentally as a way to multiply one IP into multiple.
>
> That is not needed with IPv6 because you can have an IP for every hair
> on your head.

Don't know where I read it, but I read that ipv6 will provide enough ip
addresses such that you could have one ip for every square inch of the
earth.  So, I assume you mean each of us would have enough IPs for every
hair on each of our heads. According to google, the average person has
'100.000-150.000, some estimates going up to 200.000' hairs.  On the
other hand, there are 1.96 x 1017 square inches on the earth. ;)

So, anyone know how many ip addresses ipv6 will provide?