[ale] The latest from Gigabyte

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:47:57 EST 2011

On 02/07/2011 04:59 PM, JD wrote:
> A few months ago, I found that MS has a trial version of Win7 Ent
> available online.  It runs long enough before you need to pay. It is a
> 4GB ISO. Here's the best link that I could find today:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495
>

> On 02/07/2011 03:34 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:

>>> Oy.
>>>
>>> I have a copy of Windows 7 Professional, retail.  It can be installed,
>>> but it'd have to be over-written/removed immediately after using it to
>>> test.
>>>
>>> If you'd be willing to bring your system out here, I'd be willing to
>>> throw it on, do whatever testing these asinine idiots are demanding, and
>>> remove it.
>>>
>>> 	--- Mike

>> Where abouts do you live? I may be able to talk the boss, I mean wife
>> into either taking me or entrusting me with our buggy, er car. I have no
>> problem with the conditions and fully understand and support no
>> pirating, or potential of such activity.

Just tried it. You have to go through an eval process before you can get
it. Also they seem to only alow downloading either the 64 bit or the 32
bit but not both. If my suspicions are right it may not run the 64bit
but may run the 32bit. Also I seem to remember that they will deluge you
with all sort of spam or marketing poop. Yeh, I admit, I was a M$
Fanboy, but that was in the days of Windows for 286 and and pre 3.1. I
would get early eval copies of upcoming releases mailed to me as well as
all kinds of material about upcoming software packages, but then I saw
the light and went through rehab, and found that yes, one can have
freedom of choice and compute too. It came in the form of LINUX and a
strange looking, I think bird,,,,,,,

Sorry for the sidetrack, I tend to get a little delirious every once in
a while.
Thanks for the link JD, but I got a little leary about it while going
through the process, so backed out.