[ale] ipv6 certification

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Feb 5 14:06:56 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 13:57 -0500, arxaaron wrote:
> Can you register a tunnel to a  _dynamic_ IPV4 allocation??

It is possible to do so, with a little bit of extra work.  HE used to
expose an API entrypoint to update the client v4 address of a tunnel, I
don't know if they still do that or not.  I will look into it later
today and see what I find.

There are also other tunnel brokers that support dynamically-configured
tunnels, using a form of authentication and a client program to perform
the tunnel setup.

> Or are you set up with business class service from Commiecast?

I am setup with a /28 and I have one of those addresses handle the
tunnel on my network.  That hasn't always been the case, though; I used
to use HE when I had a dynamic (DHCP-assigned) IPv4 address.

	--- Mike