[ale] HELP, need to setup wireless access point!

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Feb 4 12:04:11 EST 2011

ouch, well atnex switched me over this morning to my new business class.
WELL, the new modem is a 4-port adsl setup with NO WIRELESS.. ( He said
he will ship me a new model that will replace this & have wireless, but
I need this to work NOW..
what I have:
4-port modem connected to atnex.
what I need is one of my 2 routers to connect to the modem to give me
wireless access for my laptops.

routers:
wrt54GL with DD-wrt on it
wrt160N with basic cisco firmware ( don't think this one can be changed
to dd-wrt)

I can work with EITHER, I just need instructions on how to change it to
an access point & work.

right now my setup is modem has a local address of 192.168.10.1
whatismyip.com says I am 65.166.136.233 ( if that matters), and Milt
said I have NO access to the modem, as far as admin...

thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright