[ale] Hurricane Electric Quality

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Thu Feb 3 22:32:07 EST 2011

On 02/03/2011 09:55 PM, Matthew wrote:
> Run away from Hurricane Electric. They are known to be one of the worst
> providers on the net.
>
> Just my 2 cents. (coming from experience of the LA data centers.)

So, while I'm happy to take your word that HE is a bad provider, when
you say "they are known to be one of the worst providers on the net,"
I'd personally appreciate any sort of evidence to back that up.  Now, I
will acknowledge that their reviews on Yelp[1] are poor at best and Web
Hosting Stuff[2] has generally mediocre reviews, their reviews on Web
Hosting Jury[3] are excellent.  At least some people on WHT[4] seem to
think quite well of their service.

It's less that I have an opinion of HE's service (I've never used it,
and have no affiliation with them), and more that I don't like it when
people generalize without anything to back up their statement.  Nothing
I've found (in 10 minutes of Google) would rate them as "one of the
worst providers" on the net.  (To be clear, this isn't about any one
person, this just seems to happen a lot on mailing lists.)

[1] http://www.yelp.com/biz/hurricane-electric-fremont
[2] http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/HurricaneElectric.html
[3] http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/Hurricane_Electric
[4] http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1007110